9.6.09

Displaced Housewives and Matchmaking?

It's eleven-thirty and I have a few things to do tomorrow. I can't sleep, of course. I only felt half brainless all day, so naturally when I lay down to sleep things start making sense. Then again, I did punish myself first thing this morning with writing a resume, where trying to pull advice about formatting a Relevant Skills one resulted in advice that consisted of referring to my children as 'junior associates'. Junior. Associates.

What?

I am raising tiny adults, here, not micro-managing a few obnoxious know-it-alls fresh from college. I am not going to refer to myself as a 'displaced housewife' either, you idiots. Things are clearly bad because I now have a Title. The thing has been named so the thing exists. It's not even just being thrown around anymore, it's on educational information. Someone help us. According to them when I am finished stalling, my resume ought to look something like this:


Displaced Housewife, formerly managing two junior associates and an entry-level canine seeks a full-time administrative/office assistant position.

Experience

Housewifing (2001-Present)

Responsibilities entailed, teaching the English language, both written and verbal. Intense service care, including clothing, food, wiping and other ooky things. Developing extensive skills at monster shooing and occassionally, the slaying of. Maintaining strong verbal communication at all times and if necessary, utilize a trip to the Wall of Tears.*


I'm fairly certain that these people are suggesting this sort of...um, whatever it is, as a joke. It must be a joke, for otherwise I will not sleep tonight. For the purposes of the collective mental health of the internet, it is a joke.

Anyway, I'm up late and been putting a lot of thought to jobs the past few days—can't imagine why—and it got me thinking about Dream Jobs. Not the ones that exist, the ones that we invent, or think we invent (I'm certain mine must exist, but I don't care to Google it and ruin the moment for myself), that exist just for us. I have a few Dream Jobs, but the one that occurred to me tonight is an interesting and funny one.

I've always been pretty good at matchmaking friends. Not love connections, just friend ones. 'So-and-so would really get along with what's-their-name' sort of stuff, introducing them and having them get along like pancakes and blueberries.

This would be a fun job that wouldn't pay. I could do it over the internet, in the style of the old awesome matchmakers, via word of mouth. So-and-so could send me their name, email, likes, dislike and a little about them and I would then friend match. This would be a fun job. I could do it over the internet. It's kind of like those message in a bottle things I'd do when I was younger, but with something much kinder than the cruel freezing depths of the ocean. I remember riding the ferry, desperately hoping to have someone over in Japan or wherever find it, translate it into their language, care enough to respond and then be EXACTLY LIKE ME SO IT COULD BE SUPERAWESOMEYEAHFUNTIMESGO.

That never happened.

No one ever answered my lonely scrawlings, there was no amazing Other Kristina somewhere in the world just waiting with bated breath. Well, that or there was and she just lost it. I'm old enough now to wonder what the fuck my mom was thinking, letting me throw dozens and dozens of bottles with my address on it into the ocean, but since our house was never robbed by an angry Orca mob, I guess I can't complain at her about it. (Good going, Mom.) Since I was robbed in my youth, I want to provide to others. It'd be awesome fun times to hook two strangers up for a potentially neat friendship/netpal.

I did this on accident recently. By getting paired up with a total stranger for a project I met a chick I like, have a lot in common with and have great conversations with. Completely unexpected and a truly nice surprise.

Anyway, it's midnight now and I have to try to get some sleep for tomorrow. Dream jobs!



*Wall of Tears: It is the wall where my children put their noses when they are especially beastly, because one day I realized there was tear and snot residue on it at their height (fucking. gross.) I can now point in the general direction of the Wall and say, 'Wall of Tears!' and off they shuffle, sullen and belligerent, until I call their names.


(And, because I discovered my dad, step-mother and brother are all now reading my blog: Hi Dad. Hi Monica. Hellooooooooo Little Michael.)

52 comments:

qtilla said...

Since your dad now reads your blog I feel obligated to suggest that you become either a stripper or a bikini barista. I feel that this would really solidify your place as a member of your community. Also this would further incentivise staying in good shape.

See I am full of good ideas. I also suggest you say that you have been zookeeping or ring mistressing these past few years. Though I don't know that either of my job suggestions require a resume.

Twyst said...

I miss you on the twitter! <3 I follow your blog too now tho! :D

<3 Twyst

eliastaiken said...

A bird in hand is worth two in the bush................

leontinecolombo said...

很棒的分享~如有打擾之處,敬請原諒!..................................................

michael said...

Where oh where is my wayward daughter?

University said...

Thanks for sharing this; this is in fact a great reading. We have few online readers who will like to read this stuff. We will pass it on to our valuable readers for more feedback. Thanks and please post us and leave a comment back and well link to you. Thanking you. matchmaking

娃娃 said...

Knowledge is power...................................................

發財 said...

辛苦了!祝你愈來愈好!........................................

ispomyju said...

Many thanks have your share..................................................

hh1y5t65 said...

The tribe standard is very good continues to refuel
..................................................

那又如何 said...

77p2p影片區hi5 tv 免費影片xxx383美女寫真aa一夜情台中援交妹視訊甜心寶貝直播貼片av成人網g8mm 視訊壞朋友論壇視訊美女msvt中部人聊天室視訊網愛聊天室網路援交168論壇辣妹貼圖新竹援交38ga片下載全國最大俱樂部豆豆聊天室1007視訊xvideo打飛機專用網哈尼視訊援交友aio34c蒼井空影片下載avdvd69性殿dodo豆豆聊天室色美眉部落格 2,視訊主播脫衣秀台南視訊月宮貼圖情趣 商品拓網交友-情色視訊拓網交友情色視訊免費視訊美女,情人視訊網自拍線上av免費影片線上免費av影片咆哮小老鼠專區一葉情貼影禁區kiss168一葉情貼影色影cu成人bt色站girl5320cu成人bt色片

oebdegii said...

色色網情色視訊台灣甜心視訊聊天網影音視訊聊天情色慾照線上免費影片觀看168免費視訊優女聊天室888視訊聊天網免費視訊妹Love104視訊情色聊天情色視訊聊天室免費聊天視訊武則天影音聊天999成人性站168免費視訊ut少女視訊聊天館av168成人ol 線上免費影片Live173影音視訊聊天免費手機主題下載色情視訊網日本a v短片情色視訊聊天視訊聊天交友網520免費影片線上免費情色電影情色視訊小魔女免費影片免費視訊173liveshowut影音聊天室一對一免費視訊網路交友 hibb免費視訊區kiss 免費視訊網鋼管辣妹免費視訊聊天視訊聊天交友武則天視訊 t線上免費影片撥放小魔女免費影片 3d色情聊天室ut影音交友聊天網

wfrrqrtw said...

殺很大視訊聊天室視訊交友聊天G8mm視訊 影音免費色情片線上看情色性愛圖貼辣妹影音視訊 聊天 網嘟嘟情色成人免費線上視訊 聊天室一對一電話視訊 聊天黃色電影免費欣賞辣妹影音live秀66av視訊網d7600204live比基尼美眉台灣視訊美女專區色色 視訊網線上免費 遊戲網168影音視訊聊天情人網日本 h 小遊戲免費唐人街視訊 聊天室辣妹影音秀電話交友聊天中心ut聊天室辣妹聊天室內衣廣告美女日本色情片104影音live秀1111視訊網愛色美媚聊天室168影音視訊網免費色情片觀賞日本免費色倩短片試看

念強 said...

你不能和一個握緊的拳頭握手 ..................................................

v辰原 said...

Actions speak louder than words. ........................................

筱婷筱婷 said...

good~ keep sharing with us, please....I will waiting your up date everyday!! Have a nice day........................................

鈺禎 said...

may the blessing be always with you!!..................................................

IdellaD_Bar3321 said...

Well done!........................................

ac21f2d2 said...

Such attentively manages your ~
..................................................

俊淑娟美 said...

你不能決定生命的長度,但你可以控制它的寬度 ..................................................

玄雨 said...

乳交挑逗淫婦色情俱樂部成人色情成人影片視訊網愛聊天室免費色情網情色區火辣美女情色性愛成人影音聊天成人色情網站全裸美女圖片成人裸照sex辣妹裸體美女全裸圖成人區av女情色內容情色自拍貼圖成人色情網性愛論壇一對多性伴侶成人聊天室撫摸淫美成人論壇女人奶頭女生自慰影片台灣女優美女視訊一絲不掛一夜正妹成人影像巨乳大奶子情色性愛貼圖情色王國做愛視訊火辣情色台灣情色網情色聊天網性愛技巧淫娃情色成人巨乳辣妹性愛知識性經驗

韋于倫成 said...

若對自己誠實,日積月累,就無法對別人不忠了。 ..................................................

韋于倫成 said...

Gather roses while you may. ....................................................

清民 said...

我們老得太快,卻聰明得太遲。..................................................

熙辰 said...

好的開始並不代表會成功,壞的開始並不代表是失敗..........................................................................

huntb said...

Conversation makes one what he is..........................

rodriguezp said...

當一個人內心能容納兩樣相互衝突的東西,這個人便開始變得有價值了。............................................................

SadeRa盈君iford0412 said...

You are flattering me..................................................

祁禾 said...

感謝您費心的分享您的生活!讓我也感同身受!

張怡 said...

良言一句三冬暖,惡語傷人六月寒。....................................................................

宛真宛真 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。.................................................................

義珊義珊 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。.................................................................

李李淑博淑林嘉宏真 said...

安安!剛開始玩這個,來這裡逛一下^^............................................................

天花天花 said...

成功多屬於那些很快做出決定,卻又不輕易變更的人。而失敗也經常屬於那些很難做出決定,卻又經常變更的人.................................................................

MinBar林 said...

每次看完你的文章,總是回味許久,要經常發表喔。..................................................................

雅俊芬凱陳許 said...

Share and share alike.............................................................

趙坤然趙坤然 said...

感謝不吝分享您的心得............................................................

林秋萍林秋萍 said...

享受你自己的生活,不要與他人相比。............................................................

茂慧茂慧 said...

你的部落內容真棒,一定要持續下去! .................................[/url]...............

琬安琬安 said...

i consder your artical is so nice!............................................................

陳璇竹陳璇竹 said...

不會從失敗中找尋教訓的人,成功之路是遙遠的。.................................................

胡維倫 said...

相見亦無事,不來常思君.................................................................

承王蓁 said...

It is easier to get than to keep it.......................................................................

恭v秋昀嘉 said...

一棵樹除非在春天開了花,否則難望在秋天結果。..................................................

承王蓁 said...

Conversation makes one what he is.............................................................

红十字 said...

不論做什麼事,相信自己,別讓別人的一句話,把你擊倒。..................................................

文王廷 said...

希望能常常看到你的更新............................................................

素郭青素郭青 said...

No pains, no gains.......................................................................

佳張張張張燕張張張張張 said...

笑口常開~~天天開心............................................................

黃英吳思潔吳思潔邦 said...

精彩的部落格 值得一推再推 支持你

石JaquelynS_Whitesi白 said...

cool blog,期待更新............................................................

chandra said...

I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.


Gadgets